Other than Columbia Heights Day (see the adjacent post) keeping me busy, I'm in the throes of: being incredibly slammed at work as I'm pushing to get a new web site live, getting another mortgage and buying a house in Petworth, getting my taxes done (on my usual filing date of October 15th), doing a frenzy of little punch-list jobs on my existing house so I can be ready to rent another room in a month or so. Not to mention my trip to Austin over the weekend, which was a blast, but couldn't have come at a busier time. It was a nice getaway, I'll post pictures at some point when I have a little more time.
In the next month I'm going to try to tie up all the loose ends in my kitchen so the house seems at least put together, if not completely renovated. Specifically..
- Finishing the window exteriors - just brick molding and sealing at this point. I finally got the 2nd window sill in yesterday so they are almost done. Huzzah!
- Repositioning a cabinet that's tweaked and installing the last piece, a bookcase that goes next to the fridge
- Cleaning up some of the wiring that I didn't finish because of the previous item (the switch is going to be in the bookshell for logistical reasons)
- Hanging a couple more pieces of drywall
- Figuring out why the hell my bathroom is still leaking when one person in particular showers (you know who you are) -- or just gutting it and redoing it once I close on the other house and have a functioning shower somewhere
- Tiling backsplash, finishing mudding and painting.
Okay, it's not a small list, but believe it or not this could all get done in one or two weekends of focussed effort.
I'm also supposed to drive to Maine the weekend after this coming one to get some furniture. Ugh. Well, it needs to be done.
Well, that's about it. Back to work...